Friday, November 6

Shuks 22

In John 11, the death of Lazarus probably broke the hearts of Mary and Martha - that they have to say their goodbyes so prematurely. Ah, such grief they must have been in, and i bet nothing their fr friends say or do can bring about comfort. You know, Martha knew the theologies, she had, after all, learnt much from Jesus Himself. She knew that God will give Jesus whatever He asks, she knew that Jesus will resurrect at the last day, and so will her brother. But yet, Jesus had to ask her again: do you believe in what you thought you already knew?
Perhaps Jesus is asking me the same question. Perhaps this is the lesson for me to learn. It has come to a point whereby, i cannot go on by just quoting encouraging bible verses. Theology needs to transpose into personal belief and conviction. I need to believe, i need to commit.
So... mind, heart and soul. Intellectually, i need to take captive of my thoughts. In my heart, i need to allow room for comfort and peace. And as for my soul, His Spiritual Presence never leaves me.
With these, i start the chapter of Shuks 22.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home