Saturday, November 14

tattoo-ed.

it was to write love on her arms day. and people were meant to literally write love on their arms to raise awareness for anti-depression. because not anti-depressants, but love is the cure for depression. for those who do not yet know, love carries a different meaning. but for those who know, love is from God, because God is love.
even since i was a kid, i didn't quite like the idea of doodling. perhaps it's because i like to be neat, or perhaps it's because i can't draw for nuts. (the second reason more likely.) doodles on my body definitely bothers me, which is why i sometimes write to-do's on my hand. it motivates me because i cant wait to scrub the scribblings off.
anyway, i half reluctantly wrote 'love' across my forearm. and then i thought, 'love' by itself looks rather meaningless if there isnt God in the picture. so i added 'God is' neatly on top, in a different colour, a darker colour that stands out a bit more.
surprisingly, the huge print on my forearm didn't bother me. in fact, i quite enjoy looking at it, and even reinforced the words today. i realised this: if it's something that i believe in, i don't mind carrying that brand forever on my skin - the 'God is Love' brand. now i am starting to understand why some people can bring themselves to tattoo. (not that i will. i still wouldnt.)
may God's love be imprinted on my heart forever more :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home