Friday, September 5

It's going to be all right by John Baillie

Not even the most learned philosopher or theologian knows what it is going to be like. But there is one thing which the simplest Christian knows - it is going to be all right. Somewhere, somewhen, somehow we who are worshipping God here will wake up to see Him as He is, and face to face. No doubt it will all be utterly diferent from anything we have ever imagined or thought about it. No doubt God Himself will be unimaginably different only because He will be unimaginably better. The only thing we do certainly know is that our highest hopes will be more than fulfilled, and our deepest longings more than gratified.

no fancybigwords, no emorhymingpoetry
nopes, none of all that.
and nothing really profound that i dont know as well.

but it spoke to me, like a boltoflightning in a sunnysummerday, or rather like a glimpseofrainbow after a crazyhailstorm.

God, let me hold onto those dreams and visions You've impressed upon my heart. Let me continute trusting and living in faith that they will be fufilled. Let me believe, without a single sense of doubt. no doubt, no fear. God i want to reach out to those whom you love and are always with, and yet they are lonely because they are seperated from you.

God, my heart breaks for the sick & the poor, and those children who do not understand what a parent's love is. Teach me to love them the way you love them, give me opportunities to reach out to them! Let me travel to those places that are torn apart by war, by unrest, by sickness and illness, and share your gospel that is so filled with love, hope and joy.

God, i struggle in this world of brokeness - be my lifebouy and keep me afloat while the assignments keep coming. Let me not conform to this world, let me not succumb to this plastic world, whereby people scavenge from place to place, looking for all the wrong puzzles to fill the holes in their heart.

'the joy of the Lord,
is (be) my strength.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home